Wellness Hikes & Retreats
Group "Nurture in Nature" Hikes
The goal of the Group “Nurture in Nature” hikes & retreats is to allow you to take a rest from technology and to reconnect spiritually &
creatively with the natural world.
Lockdown and our isolation during COVID-19 forced us all to use technology to connect, communicate, work, and entertain ourselves. While technology has its benefits, we may have lost connection with our natural world and experience the scientifically-proven health benefits of being outdoors.
During this 2-hour retreat we will realign ourselves with the calm and quiet through mindfulness techniques while being accompanied by certified hiking guides.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We have the help of professional hiking guides and will make sure safety come first. A consent form will be provided for you to sign.
- Learn about the scientific and healing powers of mindfulness, grounding and breathwork in nature.
- Although there are therapeutic effects of the “Nurture in Nature” hikes, it is not therapy and therefore is not covered by insurance.
- Nature Bathing sessions for groups
- Women's Wellness hikes for stress
- Children's Nature Wellness retreat
- I will invite the group to connect with nature in the present moment incorporating all of our senses through experiential exercises (ie. guided meditation to the sounds of a stream).
- I will introduce you to a simple creative activity. A variety of art supplies like pens, pencils, markers, glue, scissors, fabric/fiber, paper, and other materials may be made available to you. No art experience/talent required. You’ll then have time to find a space which speaks to you and sit quietly on your own to create.
Earth, Teach Me
Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light. Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory. Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young. Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone. Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky. Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall. Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring. Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.
- An Ute Prayer
Private or Environmental organizations who want to promote team building, work-life balance and incorporate workplace wellness and mental health as a focus.
- Educational Groups
- Non-Profit programming
- Professional Graduate Programs
- Executives & Leadership Professionals
- Athletic groups, tourists or foreign diplomats
- Women's groups